Friday, September 11, 2009

General Music Starts Next Week!


Greetings Students, Teachers, Administrators, and Parents!

Welcome to the new Wonderland Avenue School music blog. My name is Richard Lawton and I will be teaching general music at Wonderland this year. I can't tell you how excited I am to be at your school. It is a rare opportunity to teach music to the same students for an entire year.

This picture was taken at my other school, Third Street Elementary School in Hancock Park. There I use a blog like this one to post examples of student work, reminders about assignments and upcoming events, and to give the parents a glimpse of what we are working on in general music. It is like my bulletin board. I will try to update it frequently and I hope you will become a regular visitor. You can also post comments or questions, if you are willing to become a follower of this blog. Students, you will need your parents permission to do this.

One other thing I want to mention -- the video feed I use is from You Tube, which means you will not be able to view the videos on a school computer, but you'll be able to view everything else and the videos should work fine on home computers.

I look forward to meeting you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment