Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome Back and Happy New Year!


I hope everybody had a restful and joyous holiday break.

It was great to see all the kids, most of whom I had not seen since the holiday show. And while I'm on the subject -- let me say, again, what a wonderful job all the kids did on the show and how proud I am of them.

Today we started off with the bang with kindergarten learning a new game (pictured) "Ring You Must Wander." This gave us an excuse to talk about the other meaning of the word ring -- the thing that bells, telephones and metal Orff instruments all do.

First graders had a lot of fun "improvising" a song around what they did on their vacation using the "Sol-Mi" song "Icky Bicky Soda Cracker" as a platform, ( the "Sol-Mi" repertoire includes such other classics as "Rain Rain Go Away" and "Trick Or Treat; Smell My Feet.") Finally, second grade developed a series of 8 beat dances to Brahms "Hungarian Dance #5," a fun activity developed by my teacher, James Harding. It was a fun first day back!

No comments:

Post a Comment