Saturday, December 3, 2011

4th & 5th Grade Home - "Don't Knock"

Mr. Alpert's and Ms. Salazar's class -- here are the lyrics and a practice recording of our second song for the holiday show, the gospel tune "Don't Knock." One class will be singing the call and the other the response (the words in the parentheses). I haven't decided who is doing what part, so for now try to familiarize yourselves with both.

Don’t Knock
by Mavis Staples

Chorus:

You don’t knock (you don’t knock, you just walk right in)
The door (the door into heaven’s inn)
There’s love (there’s love and joy for you)
To share (to share the whole day through)
I know (I know my friends are there)
To rest (to rest in the heaven’s nest)
You don’t knock, ring, punch a hole
The doors wide open, a-waiting for your soul
You don’t knock...you just walk on in.

I’ve walked life’s winding road (Oh yeah!)
Trying to bear this load (Oh yeah!)
Travelled both night and day (Oh yeah!)
So tired I could hardly pray (Oh yeah!)
My Lord, my light, my guide (Oh yeah!)
You’re ever at my side (Oh yeah!)
So I’m a-walkin’, not a-knockin’ into heaven with pride!

Repeat chorus

I’ll have no need to fear (Oh yeah!)
My Lord is ever near (Oh yeah!)
He’ll know my work is true (Oh yeah!)
So glad the day is through (Oh yeah!)
It wasn’t for me to say (Oh yeah!)
I didn’t think I’d make my way (Oh yeah!)
So I’m a-walkin’, not a-knockin’ into heaven, goodbye!

Repeat chorus


No comments:

Post a Comment