Monday, October 24, 2011

Little Bird, Big Bird


I was so busy last week I never had a moment to take a picture or update the blog. I'll try to be more diligent from now on.

Today was a good day. Second grade began with two song games -- "Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" & "Oliver Twist" -- designed to test their memory and focusing ability, two qualities they will need to get ready for the holiday show. I have video of "Oliver Twist" performed by Ms. McLeod's class posted above -- check it out!

Third Grade learned three new notes on the recorder - Low, D, High C and High D -- and used them in the song "Little Bird, Big Bird." Again I have the holiday show in mind, as 3rd grade has performed at least part of their portion of the show on recorder the last couple of years.

The day ended with Recorder Ensemble. We have an extremely large and enthusiastic group this year. I am very excited to be working with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment