Monday, August 13, 2012

We're back -- live from the MPR!


If it feels like the summer was the shortest on record that's because it was! But I for one am very excited to be back starting my 4th year at Wonderland.

There are several important changes -- from the new website, to several new teachers, to the address of this blog -- it is now livefromthempr.blogsspot.com. But one thing that hasn't changed is our emphasis on student created music, because let's face it, we tend to get more excited about things we invent ourselves. And I hope to use this blog a lot more this year to help this process along.

To get us started I created a little beatbox piece entitled "A New Year At Wonderland". Click on the title and it will take you to site called Incredibox where, after you listen to my piece, you will be invited to create one of your own. Incredibox is a French website, but I thing you'll be able to figure it out. Feel free to send me a link to your work at richardlawton@sbcglobal.net.

Let's get this party started!


No comments:

Post a Comment