Monday, August 20, 2012

Week One in Music -- Off To a Good Start



We got off to a very good start in music at Wonderland this week.  All the classes came to the MPR for some of my favorite first week lessons with a few new wrinkles.  One thing I am trying this year is have my lyrics on slides instead of chart paper (see above).  Technology also seems to enhance the kids experience -- if I can just get them to stop making shadow puppets.

For those families new to the school each class receives 30 minutes of general music instruction a week.  The lessons are based on several big ideas per grade level and organized into units -- for example we currently starting our "fundamentals unit" where I review the some of the big ideas from last year and introduce the skills the kids will need going forward.  Of course, I try to never let this framework stand in the way of a fun activity or a good song.

This year I will try to update the blog at least once a week, so keep checking back to find out what's going on in the MPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment