Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to work - It's going to be a great year!

Hi there Wonderland families and friends!  It's with great anticipation that I resume posting for the 2013-2014 year.  As most of you know by now, I have joined the staff at Wonderland full time.  It is a thrill for me to be fully a part of such an outstanding group of teachers, and I have already been enjoying the luxury of having 45 minutes of instructional time per class (as opposed to 30 last year).

If you are new to Wonderland or to my music blog, welcome.  This is where I post examples of student work and additional instructional materials, such as practice materials for the holiday show, to extend my classroom.  It is also a place for parents to come and get glimpse into our music classes.  The pictures below, for example, are from today's Grade 4/5 movement lesson on 8 beat phrases using the body percussion vocabulary of renown Bay area music teacher, Keith Terry.  If it looks like fun, that's because it is!



           I hope you will book mark my blog and check back frequently.  It should be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment